- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Crowns and Dental Veneers Costs in Turkey
1.Dental Veneers in Turkey
A dental veneer is a thin layer of dental material applied to front teeth front surface in order to improve aesthetics. Dental veneers in Turkey are relatively more conservative and contemporary approach compared to their alternatives such as dental crowns.
There are three types of dental veneers;
- Porcelain Dental Veneers: Following the tooth preparation and impression in the first appointment, the porcelain veneer can be completed within 24 hours. E-max veneers are the most reputable dental veneer materials that are prepared on CAD/CAM devices within hours.
- Direct Composite Dental Veneers (Composite Bonding): Dentists can complete Direct Composite Veneers in a single appointment within 2 hours. For composite veneers, dentists apply multiple layers and colours of dental composite to the tooth surface and cureit with a light. Therefore, the result is very quick compared to other dental veneer options.
- Indirect Composite Dental Veneers: In this method, dentist takes impression of the teeth after minimal preparation and then completes the restoration on a model which is a copy of the patient’s teeth. Once the restoration on the model is ready, dentists transfer it to patients mouth with bonding adhesives.
Dentists use dental veneers to cover tooth discolourations, tooth shape anomalies, closing the gaps, straightening teeth and whitening. Dental veneers in Turkey require minimal tooth preparation on the tooth surface and also provide excellent aesthetic results. The treatment usually takes only a single day with the use of latest technology CAD/CAM devices.
Despite the aforementioned advantages, dental veneers are less resilient than their other alternatives such as zirconia or PFM (Porcelain Fused to Metal) crowns. Moreover, because of the minimal preparation and the thin form, their bonding force is not as strong as dental crowns. Therefore, veneers are more likely to de-bond after using them for a while.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
- Excellent aesthetic results.
- Conservative approach; requires minimal tooth preparation.
- Short treatment duration. E-max or composite veneers can be completed in one day.
Disadvantages of Dental Veneers
- De-bonds (comes off) easier than crowns.
- Low resilience. Veneers can fracture easily if used on load bearing teeth.
- The most expensive option.
- Not suitable for back teeth.
The Usage Of Veneers
Veneers can be used on front teeth under following circumstances;
- Tooth discolourations
- Mis-shaped tooth
- Chipped tooth
- Teeth with gaps
2. Dental Crowns in Turkey
Dental crowns cover the entire tooth surfaces. Therefore, dentists need to remove the tooth tissue from all around the tooth. Moreover, this is an irreversible procedure. It is not wrong to tell that dental crowns are more radical alternatives of dental veneers.
Although dental crowns are not as conservative as veneers, they bond to tooth better than veneers so unlikely to de-bond. Therefore, crowns are more resilient than veneers as well. Moreover, zirconia crowns give great aesthetic and natural results.
As we mentioned types of dental veneers earlier, there are also different types of dental crowns as follows;
- Zirconia Crowns: Excellent aesthetic results, resilient.
- PFM Crowns (Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown): Average aesthetic results, resilient.
- Full Ceramic Crowns: Excellent aesthetic results, not very resilient.
- Gold Crowns: Not aesthetic, very resilient.
- Full Metal Crowns: Not aesthetic, very resilient.
Advantages of Dental Crowns (Zirconia Crowns)
- Excellent aesthetic results.
- Good bonding strength.
- Resilient under pressure.
- Zirconia is a non-allergic material.
- More affordable than E-max material.
- Suitable for both back and front teeth.
Disadvantages of Dental Crowns (Zirconia Crowns)
- Requires more tooth tissue removal than dental veneers.
- Treatment takes approximately 4 days.
3. How Much Do Dental Crowns and Dental Veneers Cost in Turkey?
The cost of dental veneers in Turkey varies between £100 and £400 depending on the dental clinic and the type of the veneer material. See the table below for price comparisons of dental crowns and veneers between Turkey and United Kingdom.
|wdt_ID||Treatment Type||Treatment Cost in Esdent||Treatment Cost in the UK||Treatment Duration|
|1||Zirconia Crowns||£175||£700||4 Days|
|2||E-Max Veneers||£225||£800||1 Day|
|3||E-Max Crowns||£225||£800||1 Day|
|4||Composite Veneers||£100||£400||Up to 2 Hours|
|5||PFM Crowns||£140||£400||4 Days|
For more information about dental veneer materials, read our blog post: Which dental Crown / Veneer Material: Zirconia or Emax?
Last Updated: 18/07/2019